|Guggul Powder - Ayurvedic detoxifying & cleansing Herb for supporting cholesterol wellness (by Prana Ayurveda)
Sanskrit Name: GUGGULU
English Name: Indian Bedellium
Botanical Name: Commiphora mukul
Part Used: Resin
Ayurvedic Energetics: bitter, pungent, astringent, sweet/heating/pungent. KV-P+ (in excess)
Guggul is a gum resin from the mukul tree (Commiphora mukul), a small, thorny bush similar to myrrh, which grows naturally troughout India and has been used in Ayurvedic herbalism for several centuries to support healthy cholesterol levels, increasing fat metabolization, and promoting healthy thyroid function.
GUGGUL is the most important resin used in Ayurveda. Similar to myrrh, it possesses strong purifying and rejuvenating powers. A whole series of formulas, called gugguls, consist mainly or this herb, with smaller amounts of other herbs used to direct its healing properties. It is a rejuvenative for Vata, and also for Kapha; it only mildly aggravates Pitta after long term usage.
Guggul is the classical treatise on Ayurveda, Sushrita Samhita, describes the use of guggul for a wide variety of conditions, including rheumatism and obesity. One of its primary indications was a condition known as medoroga. This ancient diagnosis is similar to the modern description of atherosclerosis. Standardized guggul extracts are approved in India for lowering elevated serum cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Guggul has been used safely in India for several centuries for the following conditions:
Throughout history, traditional cultures have used herbs to support a healthy cardiovascular system. One of the most valued Ayurvedic heart botanicals is guggul, the resin of a shrub related to myrrh. New scientific research supports this traditional use and offers evidence to explain guggul’s mechanism of action.
- High triglycerides
- Acne vulgaris
- High cholesterol
Guggul Powder is rich in guggulsterones, the constituent believed by scientists to be responsible for many of the plant’s benefits.
Numerous clinical studies in India support the use of guggul for maintaining cholesterol levels in the normal range. Guggul has also been found to support normal thyroid function by stimulating the release of thyroid hormone.
Practitioners of ayurvedic medicine often blend guggul with other herbs to heal health problems such as arthritis, hemorrhoids, and urinary tract infections.
Guggulu resin (Commiphora mukul) is an Ayurvedic herb with detoxifying and rejuvenating qualities that scrapes out naturally accumulating metabolic toxins from the body channels and it also supports comfortable movement of the joints. It is one of the most valued botanicals for supporting cholesterol wellness. It is a powerful cleansing herb for a body clogged and congested by the chronic accumulations of cholesterol and metabolic toxins.
Health Benefits of Guggul:
Suggested Dosage: (1/4 teaspoon) 1g of gum resin powder once or twice a day.
- Weight management - Guggul herb is believed to stimulate thyroid function of those suffering from hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid). It increases the function of metabolism and so can aid with weight loss for those prone to obesity.
- Studies have shown that after using a guggul continuously for 12 weeks with no changes to usual diet or exercise routines, cholesterol is reduced in patients who suffer from high cholesterol.
- Guggul benefits also include improvement in those patients who suffer from hardening of the arteries, which in turn means less risk of heart disease and lower probability of stroke.
- Cleansing of the arteries means improved circulation. This could also be beneficial to those who suffer from impotence. Improved circulation reduces the possibility of blood clots and reduces heart disease.
- Guggul benefits also include aiding with ailments such as arthritis, as guggul also has anti-inflammatory properties. This also means that guggul can aid with digestive issues such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and due to its antispasmodic properties can ease stomach cramps associated with both IBS and PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome). Guggul is also known to relieve excessive bloating and gas.
- As it has pain-relieving properties, guggul has also been used by persons suffering from sports injury, back pain, and even headaches.
- Guggul herb can also aid with certain skin problems such as acne, so is an ideal supplement for teenagers who are prone to break outs. Guggul has also been used to alleviate the symptoms of eczema, as it helps to relieve irritation.
- Mouth infections and throat problems are also said to be alleviated after using guggul. Those prone to tonsillitis may find this herb very beneficial.
- Guggul is a popular herbal supplement for women, as it has been proven to regulate the monthly menstrual cycle.
Ingredients: Guguul (Commiphora mukul)
Herbal Dietary Food Supplement made with premium quality Herbs. Packed in a Light Proof Zip Lock Pouch and sealed to maintain aroma and freshness.
100% VEGAN: Suitable for vegetarians and vegans and is free from artificial ingredients, preservatives, egg, milk, lactose, sugar, soya, corn, gluten, wheat and peanuts. No animal ingredients.
Prana Ayurveda uses only whole herbs, not extracts, so that their formulas are assimilated by the body like food.
♥ Made with ethically wildcrafted Herb.
♥ No Heavy Metals.
♥ No Added Artificial Flavours.
♥ No Chemical preservatives.
♥ No Colours.
♥ No genetically Modified Crop Material used.
All Prana Ayurveda Products are completely natural and are made in accordance with strict quality standards at GMP certified units to ensure complete safety and efficacy.