|Organic Turmeric Powder
Rich, aromatic, digestive & anti-septic. Add color and flavor to the cuisines. Possess innumerable medicinal qualities like natural antiseptic & antibacterial.
Know This Product
Ingredient: Turmeric Powder.
- Turmeric an ancient spice of India is an antioxidant due to the phenolic character of curcumin. It is stomachic, carminative tonic, blood purifier, vermicide and antiseptic. It imparts yellow color to Indian curries and is an important ingredient both for its color as well as for its medicinal properties. Boiled with warm milk and taken or used as an inhalation from boiling water or as smoke through pipe, it relieves sore throat and common cold. It is considered one of the best as it is rich in coloring matter (curcumin). Institutional clients prefer turmeric with high curcumine content i.e. above 3.0 percent responsible for imparting yellow color, while for domestic consumption turmeric with 2.0-3.0 value is preferred.
- Morarka has originally developed organic turmeric cultivation in Maharashtra project areas, and has now expanded it to Northeast region as well. Mostly turmeric is sold as powder, and very small quantities are also sold as whole in international markets.
- The fresh range of turmeric powder offered by us is widely demanded in the National and International market for its high aroma, taste and purity. Our range of turmeric powder is natural bright yellow in color and adds a spicy flavor in various cuisines. Turmeric powder is extremely pungent and actually gets stronger when cooked. Although a pinch of turmeric may be used as a substitute for saffron to achieve that golden yellow color.
Quality & Certifications
- Organic Certification: One Cert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values|
|1.||Defined & tested through sensory verification|
|1.1||Color of the product ||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Aroma of the product ||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted aroma|
|1.3||Taste of the product ||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted taste|
|1.4||Size determined through Sieve Analysis : +0.2 mm – 0.3 mm ||80% ||80% grains are within +0.2 mm – 0.3 mm size. |
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|2.2||Total ash as maximum in percentage ||9.0%||Mineral content |
|2.3||Total acid insoluble ash as maximum in percentage ||1.5%||Presence of siliceous matter like sand, dirt, dust |
|2.4||Coloring Powder expressed as curcuminoid content on dry basis as minimum ||2.0%||Presence of pigment responsible for color, antioxidant property and effectiveness of the product|
|2.5||Total starch as maximum in percentage ||60%||Indicator of thickness and stability (complex carbohydrate)|
|2.6||Test for lead chromate ||Negative||Presence of adulterant|
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air & Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail – from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.