|Organic Black Pepper Whole
Spicy, fresh & cures diarrhea, heart disease. Known as ‘king of spices'. Used as seasoning & has high medicinal value.
Know This Product
Ingredient: Black Pepper Whole.
- The ancient Aryans considered it as a powerful remedy for various disorders of the anatomical system and prescribed it as an effective cure for dyspepsia malaria, delirium. The Egyptian used it for embalming. The Asians are said to have it as an aphrodisiac. Pepperine is considered to be the major constituent responsible for the bitter taste of black pepper and has been used to impart pungency to dishes.
- The high value and very high cost of cultivation has increased the risk, and thus commercial growers take extra ordinary precautions in the cultivation of Black Pepper. With the result under conventional farming there is a very heavy use of Chemical Pesticides in commercial cultivation. At Morarka it is sourced from certified organic farms Karnataka, Kerala & Tamilnadu.
- One of the principle values of pepper is its ability to correct the seasonings of dishes. Just before the end of cooking, final dash of pepper can be used effectively to adjust the flavor. Due to strong aromatic property, it constitutes an important component of culinary seasonings of universal use and an essential ingredient of numerous commercial food stuffs.
Quality & Certifications
- Organic Certification: OneCert Asia Agri Certification (P)Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standardsfor Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters|
|1.||Defined & tested through physical verification|
|1.1||Color of the product ||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Size determined through Sieve Analysis : +3.0 mm || 90% ||90% grains are of +3.0 mm size. |
|1.3||Organic extraneous matter as determined in percentage|| 0.1-0.5%||Presence of other plant materials other than the product like husk, chaff, straw, weed|
|1.4||Inorganic extraneous matter as maximum in percentage||NIL-0.1%||Presence of sand, gravel, dirt, pebbles, stone|
|1.5||Discolored as maximum in percentage||0.5-1.0%||Change in color as result of deteriorative changes|
|1.6||Light berries as maximum in percentage||1.5-2.0%||Berry with normal stage of development but kernal doesn't exist|
|1.7||Broken & Pin Heads as maximum in percentage||1.5-2.0%||Some product either damaged or have different color|
|1.8||Bulk density in g/l||500 g/l||Indicates size and average quality of the product|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||9.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|2.2||Total ash on dry basis as maximum in percentage||4.0%||Presence of mineral matter|
|2.3||Total acid insoluble ash as maximum in percentage||0.5%|
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air & Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail – from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.