|Ajamamsa Rasayanam (500 gm) by Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala
Ajamamsa Rasayanam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine. It is prepared both in herbal ghee or herbal jam form. It is used in treatment of Vata disorders like loss of strength, hemiplegia etc. Ajamamsa means goat meat. It is a non vegetarian Ayurvedic medicine.Ajamamsa rasayana Uses:
- It is used in the treatment of Vata imbalance disorders,
- Panchakasa – all types of cough, cold,
- Shirakampa – head tremors, Parkinson’s disease,
- Yonivedana – Vaginal pain,
- Vamkshana Vedana – Hip pain, abdominal pain due to menstruation
- Sarvanga Ekanga Roga – Vata imbalance disorders like, paraplegia, loss of strength, pain etc.
- It helps to gain weight.
- It is given for oral administration
- It is also administered in the form of Nasya – nasal drops and Basti (enema) treatment.
Dosage of Ajamamsa Rasayan - For regular use as medicine, it is administered in a dose of half teaspoon – 1 teaspoon once or twice a day, before food. Usually, hot water / hot milk is administered along with this medicine.Ingredients:
- Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata – 48 grams
- Dasamula -
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos – 48 g
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata – 48 g
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum - 48 g
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea - 48 g
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens - 48 g
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum - 48 g
- Prinshnaparni – Urarica picta - 48 g
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris - 48 g
- Brihati – Solanum indicum - 48 g
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum - 48 g
- Kulattha – Horse gram – 384 g
- Badara – Zyziphus jujuba – 384 grams
- Yava – Barley – Hordeum vulgare – 384 grams
- water – 12.288 liters.
- This combination is boiled and reduced to a quarter part (3.072 kg), filtered.
- It is added with
- Ajamamsa – Goat meat – 2.4 kg
- Milk – 3.072 liters
- Ghee – 3.072 liters
- and powder of 48 grams of each of Jeevaniya Gana herbs – Ashwagandha, shatavari, Vidari, Yashtimadhu, Mudgaparni, Mashaparni, Jivanti, Varahikanda.
The whole content is heated till all the moisture is evaporated. The obtained semisolid mass is called As Ajamamsa Rasayana
About Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala
Thaikkattu Mooss’ family has contributed significantly for the growth of Ayurveda, the science of holistic healing. The tradition of the family dates back to the legendary days of Lord Parasurama. The profound knowledge in all the 8 branches of Ayurveda - Kayachikitsa, Balachiktsa, Grihachikitsa, Urdhwavanga chikitsa, Salya Chikitsa, Visha Chikitsa, Rasayanam and Vajeekaranam – gave the masters the title ASHTAVAIDYAN.
The splendid tradition of Thaikkattu Mooss’family begins with Sri. Narayanan Mooss and Ittiravi Mooss of the 19th century. In 1924, Ashtavaidyan Narayanan Mooss was awarded the much coveted title of VAIDYARATNAM by Lord Reading., the then Viceroy of India. Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala was founded in 1941 by Ashtavaidyan Sri. E.T. Neelakandhan Mooss, the son of Ashtavaidyan Sri. Narayanan Mooss. The Nation conferred upon him Padmasri in 1992 as a recognition of his contribution in the field of Ayurveda. Vaidyaratnam institutions have now forayed into new areas, scripting a new saga of success under the able leadership of Ashtavaidyan Sri. E.T. Narayanan Mooss, (Padmabhushan awardee)