|Divya Phala Ghrita
Sterility in females is a result of either the impairment of the ovary, uterus, fallopian tubes, or hormones controlling the functions of these organs.
Defects in the genital organs may be structural (organic) or functional. To correct the organic defects, surgical measures have to be taken. Functional defects of the organs, termed bandbyatva in Ayurveda and caused by the simultaneous aggravation of all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta & Kapha), can be successfully treated with Ayurvedic medicines.
Phala Ghrita is very effective in the treatment of female sterility caused by functional defects in the genital organs. Mixed with milk, it is given to the patient in a dose of two teaspoonfuls twice daily on an empty stomach. It is often combined with Shilajit to increase the chances of conception.
Rubia Cordifolia, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellirica, Emblica officinalis, sugar, Trachyspermum amml, Curcuma longa, Ferula narthex, Picrorhiza Kurroa, Nymphaea Nouchali, Nelumbo Nucifera, Santalum Album, Polygona verticillatum, Lilium Polyphylium, Vitis Vinifera, Withania Somnifera, Sida Cordifolia, Asparagus Racemosus, Cow Milk.
About Divya Ayurveda Products (Swami Ramdev Patanjali Yoga)
Divya Yog Mandir (Trust), started the “Brahamkalp Chikitsalaya” at Kripalu Bagh Ashram, Kankhal in 1995 where patients suffering from various diseases were cured using Ayurvedic treatments and the practice of Yoga. In pursuit of optimum results, need was felt to provide quality Ayurvedic products to the patients, as results of Ayurvedic treatments are directly proportional to the quality of preparations. Hence a small scale manufacturing unit of Ayurvedic products was established on the campus of the Kripalu Bagh Ashram, Kankhal. This was the beginning of Divya Aushadhi Nirmanshala (Divya Ayurveda Facility), which was based completely on traditional methods.
Divya Ayurveda has had the exalted vision bringing Ayurveda to global society in a contemporary form and to unravel the mystery behind this hallowed and revered Indian system of health by a thorough exploration and selection of indigenous herbs and ancient Ayurvedic literatures. Then by subjecting these formulations to modern pharmacological and toxicological safety tests, and performing further clinical trials to create new treatments and therapies.
Divya Ayurveda hopes that treatment be available to the common man at the minimum price. In the years 2002-03, they modernized the pharmacy, and added a new expanded unit well equipped with machines for large scale production.
A computer controlled herbal extraction plant commissioned in the facility is used for extracting from the various parts of the plant like the leaves, roots, fruit etc. The salient feature of this facility is the production of ayurvedic products using latest SCADA technology under controlled environmental conditions of temperature and pressure. Exact concentrations are finalized by vacuum drying which preserves the maximum valued contents of the herbs.
While maintaining production of the finest grade extracts, this method utilizes the cost-efficiency of bulk production. This unit has the capacity to process 10,000 kgs. of raw herbs at once. The desired fluid component is added to this extract in the process of making the treatments.
Divya Ayurveda uses an automatic high speed spray drier unit for the manufacturing processes, a fluid wed processor for quick liquification, tablet compressing device with the capacity for preparing one hundred thousand tablets per hour, a high speed auto-coater for coating the tablets, in addition to a high speed mixer-grinder, fluid wed driers and cleaning, and a crossing & pulverizing units.
In the packing section of Divya Ayurveda computer controlled packing equipment is being used, having the capacity of 300 volts per minute, with automatic blister packing machines. A utility center has been set up in this production unit which has two 500 KVA generators, softners & cooling towers including boilers & air compressors having the capacity to produce 300 tons of steam.
As a result of this Divya Ayurveda has become the first ayurvedic treatment manufacturing unit of Uttarakhand to get ISO-9001 and WHO-GMP certifications. In the facility, international standards like Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP), Good Packaging Practices(GPP), Good Agricultural Practices(GAP) and Good Harvesting Practices(GHP) are being strictly followed.
Divya Ayurveda’s R & D department is dedicated to product development, quality control and standardization. Divya Ayurveda has begun demanding work and initiated a revolutionary change by making three stage standardization & clinical testing the standard in the field of the manufacturing of ayurvedic treatments:
1. Quality Control & Quality Assessment.
2. Toxicological Study-Animal Trial.
3. Clinical Trial.
For Quality Control and Quality Testing the following three steps are followed :
1. For Raw Material
2. For extracts/ Bhasmas at different stages
3. For final product
1. Quality Control and Quality Testing for Raw Material: The raw material to be used in production of ayurvedic products are used only after they have been tested for their purity. Quality control of the raw material to be used for preparation of the products is a difficult task, as there are many varieties of the herbs. Much depends on their place of procurement and the season in which they have been collected. To accomplish a thorough review that is both appropriate and effective, an herb research department has been established in which efficient, trained scientists and research personnel from the fields of botany, pharmacology, chemistry, microbiology & ayurvedic products have been employed.
In this Department standards relating to botanical & mineral identification, adulteration, the knowledge about the mixture of the representative ingredients and appropriate proportions for the manufacturing of the products is being adopted, so that the quality of products in every batch remains same.
1. Determination of foreign matter or adulterants
2. Morphological Study
4. Solubility in different solvents like water, alcohol, ether etc.
5. Ash value
6. Moisture content
7. Oil contents
8. Bulk density of raw material
9. Comparative Chromatographic Study by TLC & HPTLC
10. ORD-Optical Rotary Diahroism-Polarography
11. X-Ray Photo Electron Spectroscopy
12. U.V. Photo Electron Spectroscopy
To carry out these tasks a laboratory (QA & QC Laboratories) has been constructed which uses modern equipment like ovens, microwave ovens, moisture balance, bulk density apparati, microscopes, computerised microscopes, polarimeter, extraction apparati, Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC), High Profile Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC). At present Botany, Chemistry and Microbiology departments are working in these laboratories.
2. Quality Control and Quality testing for Extracts/ Bhasmas at different stages: For extraction in the production unit the most modern SCADA controlled extraction unit is being used. For properly maintaining quality control of the various extracts at different stages of extraction, the following standards are strictly followed:
1. Measurement of the Solid Content
2. Measurement of Ph value
3. Study of the comparative TLC and HPTLC tests
4. Chemical analysis
5. Study of the science of metal formation, etc.
3. Quality Control and Quality testing for final products: Various processes are followed for quality control and standardization of the final products like Choorna, Vati, Bhasm etc.
Quantity of ingredient
Spectrum of ingredient
X-ray diffraction of ingredient
TLC & HPTLC
2. Measurement of set Physical parameters
Solubility in different solvents like water, alcohol, either etc.
4. Microbiological Test
In this way, by giving a new form to the ayurvedic products, a new step has been initiated in the direction of quality control and standardization, by which ayurveda is clearly bound to make a mark on the world. This will not be an effort only for the benefit of India but for whole world and in the time to come it will help make the healing treatment available for everyone. As the ancient sages were well versed with the knowledge of ayurveda and there has been refinement of the knowledge from time to time by the learned in the field, in the same way Divya Ayurveda is trying to bring refinement to the knowledge of ayurveda. At Divya Ayurveda the formulations of rasrasayan vati, gugullu, choorna, avaleha, ghansatva, kwath, ghrita, taila, mandoor, lauh, parpati, pishti, aasav, arishta etc. are pure, of high quality and are prepared strictly according to the classical treatise. Divya Ayurveda puts in all the efforts to make the treatments pure and rich in quality.