|Khandige Organic Coconut Oil
Coconut Palm (kalpavriksha) yields many products of use to mankind than any other tree in the world. Though, used for culinary purposes, its most important use is for the manufacture of oil. Coconut oil is used as cooking oil, hair oil, and body massage oil and in various industrial applications. This is referred to as ‘Lauric oil’ in the world market of its high lauric acid content.
According to ancient sage Maharishi sursruta (500 BC), the oil of coconut is sweet in taste and calms provoked vata and pitta, has a cooling effect, facilitates bowel & bladder clearance.
Coconut oil, as a dietary fat gives substantial health benefits because of its peculiarity in the composition of fatty acids. The medium chain fatty acids present in it are broken down almost immediately by enzymes in the saliva and gastric juices, and send directly to the liver where they are immediately converted into energy rather than storing it as a body fat. Because of, this the pancreas and digestive system are least strained and the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, proteins and minerals is improved. Besides increasing the energy level, there are other very important benefits that result from boosting metabolic rate.
Coconut oil helps speedy healing by increasing the efficiency of cells function and replacement of worn out cells. This makes the connective tissues strong and supple, and prevents wrinkling and sagging of skin. It also keeps the skin from developing blemishes and pigmentation caused by ageing and over exposure to sunlight.
An addition feature of coconut oil is that it contains nearly 45% of Lauric acid which is used by the body to make the same disease-fighting fatty acid derivative monolaur that babies make from the lauric acid they get from their mother’s milk. The monoglyceride monolaurin is the substance that keeps infants from getting viral or bacterial or protozoal infections.
The other health-promoting properties of coconut oil:
• It helps regulate blood sugar, thus lessening the effects of the disease.
• Its antimicrobial properties also promote intestinal health by killing microorganisms that may cause chronic inflammation.
• Beneficial in reducing risk factors in heart disease
• Supports the immune system by ridding the body of harmful micro-organisms, thus relieving stress on the body.
Coconut oil is widely used as an excellent base for medicated/herbal hair oil from ancient times. When used for hair its result in several important physical effects – emolliency, moisturization, gloss, lubricity and adhesion.
Coconut oil is skin friendly oil and has therapeutic applications. Its pleasant aroma, relatively non-oily character, easy wash-ability, germicidal property and rapid penetration into the skin and into the cell structure of the connective tissues make coconut oil ideal body oil. On regular massaging it removes the outer layer of dead skin cells, making the skin smoother and more evenly textured with a healthy shine. In Ayurveda, it is a preferred base for making preparations especially for skin diseases of children. Hence, it can be used safely as baby oil.
Scientific studies on coconut oil:
• Studies shows that use of coconut oil made us lean and active with increased appetite.
• Studies show that dietary coconut oil does not lead to high serum cholesterol or to high coronary heart disease mortality or morbidity.
• Recently published research has shown that natural coconut fat in the diet leads to normalization of body lipids protects against alcohol damage to the liver and improves the immune system’s anti-inflammatory response.
• Has got anti-cancer effects.
• A study reported that adding coconut oil to the diet would beneficial because it would provide increased lauric acid and capric acid to the mother’s milk. Thus reducing the risk of transferring the virus (particularly true when mother is infected with HIV).
• All members of the herpes virus family are reported to be killed by the fatty acids and monoglycerides from saturated fatty acids, which include approximately 80% of the fatty acids in coconut oil.
Considering its suitability and all time availability for both external as well as internal use for ages among a sizeable population of our country and also the outcome of many recent scientific studies dispelling the allegations against it, coconut oil still has a wider acceptability and rightly so.
♥ No Heavy Metals.
♥ No Added Artificial Flavours.
♥ No Chemical preservatives.
♥ No Pesticides.
♥ No genetically Modified Crop Material used.
♥ Certified as Organic by “Control Union Netherland”.
♥ Products produced and processed according to NPOP
standards, NOP (USDA) & EEC regulation 2092/91
About Khandige Organic:
The promoter family has been leaders in the field of holistic and sustainable agriculture and education since 1800 with roots to cultivation and practicing Ayurveda. Since inception, the aim of the company has been to make available the best quality certified organic nutritional supplements,medicines, food and well-being products to the discerning customers while striving beyond WHO standards in all aspects.
Today the company owns 4 large estates amounting to over thousand acres of land holding, numerous farms and fully certified manufacturing facilities producing and marketing certified organic products in India and abroad.
Almost all the important herbs are cultivated in company owned lands to ensure high standards of purity.