|Organic Saffron Thread (kesar)
ORGANIC INDIA Saffron is known for influencing mood, heart and respiratory health. Ayurveda also suggests Saffron for sleep disorders, depression, Alzheimer’s disease, hardening of the arteries, intestinal gas, heartburn, pain, fright, dry skin, and to induce sweating. Saffron is known as an aphrodisiac, which can also be used by women for menstrual pains and by men to prevent premature ejaculation and infertility.
* Antioxidant * Expectorant * Antiseptic * Antidepressant * Digestive * Benefits:
- One of the most valuable and exotic spice in the world, Saffron has been used in traditional medicine for centuries.
- Saffron is known to be useful for asthma and whooping cough, also to loosen phlegm and has long been advocated for stomach pain and digestive problems.
- Memory & Mood: Saffron spice is understood to influence mood by influencing serotonin activity in the brain. Saffron’s involvement in learning and memory processes has been suggested, with animal studies showing promising cognitive enhancement that also demonstrates potential effectiveness in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease.
- Natural Aphrodisiac:Saffron’s age old reputation does seem to be confirmed by recent animal studies.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS): The majority of women in studies report fewer PMS symptoms and improved mood.
- Heart Health and Blood Pressure: The saffron stigma has positive hypotensive properties and studies on myocardial infarction suggest the protective role of saffron by biochemical and histopathological findings.
- A study on Lung cancer found saffron to stop certain malignant cells, and is considered as a promising chemotherapeutic agent in lung cancer treatment in future.
- Studies into Macular degeneration indicate that short-term saffron supplementation improves retinal flicker sensitivity in early AMD (Age Related Macular Degeneration), due to its nutritional carotenoids.
- A study on kidney damage from antibiotic use found saffron treatment to reduce nephrotoxicity.
- Saffron Benefits for Beauty :Saffron is known to be an excellent treatment for dry skin. It can be taken internally blended with milk or ground with olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil or sesame oil to massage skin.
Ingredients: 100% Organic Certified high grade saffronDirections for Use:
- ORGANIC INDIA Saffron enhances the flavors of many styles of cuisine, and most culinary experts prefer threads to powder, as the flavor is typically stronger.
- Saffron threads can be added directly into food preparations for flavour and color.
- Either make a paste using saffron threads in a traditional mortar and pestle, or soak a few saffron threads in a cup of hot water for at least 10-15 minutes, and then add this water to the recipes.
- Its best to soak saffron for 8 -10 hours before using: most of the benefits are released by being infused in milk or water.
About Organic India:
the heart of ORGANIC INDIA is our commitment to promote holistic
sustainable development for all beings through organic agriculture. We
are committed to service, sanctity and integrity, and to operating an
ethical and sustainable business that harms none and benefits all.
ORGANIC INDIA is a global leader in promoting organic products and in
supporting sustainable farming, wild crafting and village/tribal
agricultural communities in India.
cultivate, collect, process, manufacture and market Certified Organic
Tulsi Teas, Herbal Supplements, Psyllium, Castor Oil, Ayurvedic and
Medicinal Herbs, and many other organic foods and organic spices. Our
products are of the highest quality and marketed all over the world. We
are continually developing and expanding our range of organic foods and
ORGANIC INDIA facilities and processing centers have been awarded SQF,
HACCP, GMP, ISO-9001 and Kosher certifications, and are EU, Skal,
ECO-Cert and USDA certified for organic production. We have designed and
developed our unique processing methods and advanced dehydration
technologies to ensure maximum retention of potency and nutritional
values, so that we can remain true to our commitment to offer the
highest quality organic products available today.